Swim LifeLake Mary, Florida
In Seminole county: Sanford, Lake Mary, Longwood, and surrounding areas
Kelly Whittemore has taught thousands of children to swim and has trained more than 50 instructors in the past 18 years. A lifelong learner at heart, Kelly is always expanding her teaching skills and in turn encouraging and teaching others to do the same, providing lesson consultations to instructors nationwide. Kelly also offers comprehensive instructor training to individuals interested in learning to teach swimming and survival skills to infants and young children.
In addition to her 18 years of certification and experience, Kelly is certified in CPR & First Aid and is a certified American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor. She is a member of the World Aquatic Babies and Children Network and is currently the owner and director of Swim Life.
After serving as Director of Instructor Development for ISR (another survival swim school) Kelly felt there was not only a better way to teach aquatic survival skills but also a need for bridging the gap between survival skills and other swimming activities in the water. She began researching the most reputable and successful survival and learn-to-swim programs in the United States. By incorporating the best methods from her research with her own expertise, Swim Life was born. A premier swim school focused on survival skills and family aquatic fun, Swim Life strives to not only prevent childhood drowning but also promote safe enjoyment of the water for a lifetime.
Offering a wide variety of learning options, Swim Life's mission is to provide families with the best possible learn-to-swim experience and empower individuals with swimming skills for life. We invite you to visit our website for more information, follow us on twitter, and join our facebook fan page!
Private Lessons for New Students
- Monday through Thursday ~Children ages six months and up are taught survival first, 4 days per week, typically within 20-30 lessons
- All new students participate in private lessons and then progress to other programs
Beyond Survival and Survival to Stroke Lessons
- Reserved for students who have completed private lessons**
- Typically on Fridays and may include parent involvement in the water
- Monday through Friday ~Students beginning at age 4 who have completed Private Lessons
- Typically one to four times per week depending on client's goals
- Private and Group Lessons available
Lessons for Older Children, Teens & Adults
- Individual and small group lessons for those who are afraid of the water or unsure in deep water
*all programs may not be available at every Swim Life location
**Skill assessments for students coming from other programs are available by appointment